What if getting into medical school didn't have to be a lonely process?
Why struggle through the application process alone?
Application Academy gives you 12 months of access to the best medical school admissions experts with a supportive community of like-minded, collaborative premeds.WATCH A SESSION
THIS IS FOR YOU
You Can Get Access to our Experts and Community at an Affordable Price
Join Application Academy and learn how to tell your story so you can:
- Write your personal statement so the reader knows exactly why you want to be a physician
- Make sure your activities are highlighting the impact you have on those around you
- Stand out from other students trying to sell themselves
- Connect with your interviewers to be remembered
- Get accepted to your dream school!!
Yes, It Really Is Possible!
In Application Academy, you’ll not only learn how to tell your story, you'll have access to office hours every week to make sure you're telling your best story.ENROLL NOW
With Application Academy, You Will…
- Be confident you're putting together your best application
- Be supported by the best premed experts and a community of like-minded students
- Be ready for every step of the application process
The right information and support can make all the difference. We’ll make sure you have it in Application Academy.
WATCH A SESSION
Finding Your Seed
Reflecting on WHY you want to be a physician is hard...
This recording is a session from Application Academy where Dr. Gray was helping students work through their "why." The power of Application Academy isn't just getting your questions answered, but seeing others work through their own questions.
Whether or not you sign up for Application Academy, watch this session and see how to find your "why."
What You'll Learn In Application Academy...
Along with the pre-recorded modules, you'll have 10 (or more) hours of office hours each week to attend and have essays (or parts of) reviewed, interview prep, Q&A, and so much more.
**All office hours are recorded if you can't make it live
The Personal Statement
Your personal statement can make or break your application. In this module, you'll learn:
- How to find your seed
- How to pick experiences to support your story
- How to reflect on your experiences to show "why"
Combined with our office hours specifically for the personal statement, you'll be able to show each reader why you want to be a physician.
Actions speak louder than words. Showing each medical school what you've been doing with your time is key to your story. In this module, you’ll learn:
- The activities that are important for the application.
- How to pick your most meaningful activities
- How to write impactful descriptions to show YOU
You’ll finish this module with the confidence that you're showing the Admissions Committees who you are, and not just that you're checking boxes. Have the chance to have your activities reviewed during office hours!
The "not-so" secret to secondary applications is answering the question. In this module, you’ll learn:
- The different types of secondary applications
- How to start pre-writing essays to get ahead of the tsunami and the best way to answer prompts
- Guidance for Casper, Snapshot, Duet, and the AAMC PREview
You’ll finish this lesson with a game plan to dominate the secondary application process. Then, with office hours, you'll craft your messaging!
Getting an interview is GREAT NEWS! Let’s make sure you’re prepared. In this module, you’ll learn:
- The different types of interview formats
- Common questions and scenarios you may approach
- The best way to approaching questions
After this module, you’ll understand that the most significant mission for your interview is to be yourself. Don't forget that you'll get tons of practice during office hours!
Building Your School List
Your school list is like your Hinge profile, if you’re looking for the wrong attributes, you may not find a match. In this module, you’ll learn:
- Why using stats to pick schools is bad
- How to find the school of your dreams
- Understand the nuances of private v. public and in-state v. out-of-state.
With a well-crafted school list, you’ll not only save money but increase your chances of an acceptance!
TMDSAS Application Nuances and Essays
Everything is bigger in Texas—including the number of essays you have to write. In this module, you’ll learn:
- What the two main extra essays are and what they are for
- Why the optional essay really isn’t optional
- Nuances of the timeline and acceptance process
The application is all about who you are and TMDSAS gives you some more opportunities. You’ll be confident you’re submitting the best application essays.
MD/PhD Application Nuances and Essays
If you’re applying to MD/PhD programs, you’ll have a couple extra essays to write. In this module, you’ll learn:
- What the two extra PhD essay are and how you should think about them
- The best way to write your research essay
- How to strengthen your “why research” story
With the right story, you’ll help MD/PhD programs understand your motivations and want to talk to you!
Also Included with Application Academy
- 1 year Access to Mappd Pro
- Print Books of The Premed Playbook Application Series
- Community of Peers Helping Each Other
- Expert Guidance from the MSHQ Advisors!
- TA Office Hours from Those Who Have Been Successful!
Application Academy Is Right For You If...
- You are serious about getting into medical school
- You don't want to apply to medical school alone
- You want access to world-class premed advisors
- You want the support of an amazing community
- You want to tell your best story
NICE TO MEET YOU
I'm Dr. Ryan Gray
After graduating from The University of Florida with my BS and failing to get accepted to medical school in my first application cycle, I successfully applied in my second cycle.
Taking those lessons of failure drove me to start Medical School Headquarters in 2012 to help other students understand the process of being successful premed students and successful applicants to medical school.
In 2021, we created Application Academy as a more affordable way for premeds to get expert guidance from our MSHQ advisors! Application Academy alone has helped several hundred students, on top of the thousands we've helped since we started.
Below are some of our Academy students celebrating their acceptances or just showing their love of the group. You could be here soon!
Our First Class Starts on Jan 9th, 2023*!
*exact time still to be determined
SAVE YOUR SEAT TODAY!
Join Application Academy
See FAQs below for information on refunds and delaying access if you decide to delay your application.
12 pm ET
8 pm ET
1 pm ET
6 pm ET
3 pm ET
9 pm ET
1 pm ET
6 pm ET
12 pm ET
5 pm ET
*schedule not yet finalized
If you have a quesiton you don't see answered below, please email us at [email protected]